Monday, October 24, 2011

My Discovery

Hello all..hope you all had a great weekend.

I did..I got lots of accomplished in making my new apartment more of a home.

Although I moved in June..getting settled has been a process. But one which I've enjoyed. This is the first time I've actually lived by myself.

I went from living at my parents house..to college..to coming back to my parents with a newborn baby in tow..and several apartments since then with a child. This is the first place that I've had strictly for me and I'm loving it.

The discoveries that I've made about myself have been amazing and humbling. Although the solitude can get to me sometimes, I'm enjoying my time with myself. But I'm not alone..I have new neighbors to get to know..my discovery of new music (Fela Kuti was the soundtrack of my weekend) and my books.

This past weekend I made it my duty to finish reading a book I started reading a few weeks ago. But once I finished that book, I looked at the unpacked box of books I had brought from my old apartment. I found almost 10 books that I had not read yet. Thus saving me some money..for now at least.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment