Monday, December 6, 2010

Consistency

"Laziness is the enemy of consistency" - Unkown preacher



A few weeks ago...I woke up to my television being left on and one of those early morning TV preachers saying the above message to his flock. It certainly woke me up. At first I applied it to the fact that I had been kind of slacking with my working out. I spent almost every spare hour this past summer in either my African Dance class or my company gym. The end result is that I've become a lot smaller and healthier in the long run. I'm content..but I still have a lot of work to do. Getting complacent is a habit of mine that I have to force myself to get out of.



Then I mulled it over some more and thought that it could also apply to this blog and my writing. Admittedly..I have on my Blackberry something in the amount of 20 drafts of blogs I started to write about but for some reason or another just stopped. So I've decided to do something about it.



For the next week..I'm going to write about something..anything just to get my brain going again.



If I want to advance to where I'd like to be I have to start taking writing a lot more seriously than I have been.



Also..if you, my loyal readers..all 5 of you..have anything you'd like me to write about lemme know.

Peace,

Myrna

No comments:

Post a Comment