Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Post Valentines Day Ya'll

So I hope that everyone had a great Valentines Day. If you have a special friend or significant other..I hope it was full of flowers, love and lots of sex..and more sex. You can see where my priorities lie, clearly.

As for me well Valentines Day and I have had a love hate relationship. It's never loved me and well I hate it right back. I have a confession. I have never had a Valentines in my adult life. EVER!! Phew..that felt good. I am almost 40 years old and I have never had a significant other to share that day or at least one that I could make fun of it with. Oh no wait..that's not right. I had one boyfriend years ago who was a self proclaimed Muslim of some sort. His name was Neil but he re-named himself Messiah. Not. Kidding. I should have known at that time to run and run fast. Anyway...Mess..er....Neil and I had been dating for several months and V-day 1997 was around the corner. So one day we are talking on the phone and I bring it up. BAD IDEA!! Neil proceeds to tell me the whole history of St. Valentines and what a pagan holiday it was and that he just didn't believe in. My special V-day dreams were deflated. I don't even know what I did end up doing ..I've seriously blocked it out. I do know that I got a kick ass card from my kid and that was all that really mattered.(Side Note: this same guy ended up making me pay for my own meal at a Mothers Day brunch) True story to be told at a later date.

Since then I've sort of looked at V-day as an outsider looking in. Admittedly...it was with some bitterness. My love live is proof that God has a twisted sense of humor. But in recent years, I've begun to realize the silliness of all the hoopla. They say that Valentines Day should be every day and that showing a person you love them should not just be relegated to one day that marketers tell you to buy a bunch of crap. I agree....love should always be shown and you should never take love that is given to you for granted...because it's a gift.

Me, I am simple and easy to please. I don't care about flowers..they die. Cards..meh..if there's no money..why bother..lol. It's the affection that I really want. That person that tells you that you are smart, pretty and funny and makes you laugh, I hope to get that one day. I really do. I should be cynical as hell but I'm still an optimist that there's some guy out there that is gonna give me a box of chocolates on February 15th because that's when the chocolates are half priced...and we'll laugh about it because it's OUR private joke.

So happy February 15th everyone...and keep your fingers crossed for me. I know I will be.

Peace,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment