Saturday, November 14, 2009

This is my story..this is my song

I was watching Oprah yesterday and she was interviewing the author of the massively successful Twlight series, Stephanie Meyer. I was fascinated to learn that Ms. Meyer was a stay at home mom of three. The way Twilight came about was from a dream. She said that one night she woke up from a dream that she had about a vampire and the next day she started writing..and the rest is literary and cinema history. One of the points that struck me was when she admitted that "..it seemed presumptious to me to think that anyone would want to read the things that are in my head." That's exactly what I thought about when I started this blog.

Starting this blog has been a big exercise in me facing my fears. It's me facing my fears of being rejected..but it's also me facing my fears that this endeavor could actually be successful. Not that I am looking for a book deal or anything like that but hey if it happens..it happens and I will fullly embrace it.

"Write what you know"..I always hear that. Well I am going to write about what I know best and thats me and all the things that have shaped me into the person that I am today. Each and every one of us have stories to tell. I am just starting mine and I can't wait to share it with all of you.

Peace,

Myrna

No comments:

Post a Comment